Can I live and work within the Schengen Area?

If you are planning to stay, take up employment or study for more than 90 days, you are required, before departure, to lodge an application for a long-term visa, residence or work permit at the embassy or consulate of the country of your main destination. Working and staying in the Schengen Area without a national residence or work permit is considered illegal. 

Last updated: 23 November 2020